Thursday 26 April 2018

Cyprus

Just after my break up, I got away to Cyprus with my mum and sister. It was a much needed break and I had a lovely time. I briefly mentioned it in my last post - Finding myself (life update) & a reflection on 2017 - but I love to do a single post for each trip I have been on as it is like a diary for me; something great to look back on in the future.

I had never been to Cyprus before and I expected it to be the same as Greece (which I have visited a few times before). However, I did find it slightly different - much cleaner than I expected and the sunsets and scenery were beyond stunning!!
I stayed at the 5* Olympic Lagoon Resort in Paphos. It was a beautiful all-inclusive hotel with a la carte restaurants; ideal for a relaxation holiday.
Despite this, I dragged my mum and sister to the Paphos Archaeological Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site listed in 1980. This includes sites and monuments from prehistoric times to the Middle ages, while most date to the Roman period. There are marvellous mosaic floors of Roman villas and other important monuments, such as the Asklipieion, the Odeion, the Agora, the "Saranta Kolones" (Forty Columns) Fortress, the "Limeniotissa" Ruins of early Christian Basilica and the "Tombs of the Kings".







Back at the hotel, this is me and my sister posing in the pool...



This is me and my sister posing in our bikinis on the beach. I find that there is something so good about looking out to sea, breathing in the fresh air, enjoying the views and really just soaking up life.



The view from breakfast was just so relaxing...



And a holiday post wouldn't be complete without a sunset...




Have you been to Cyprus? Or are you Cypriat?! I would love to go back, so let me know what else I could explore there!



     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. At the end, we went back to Cairo airport and check into airport transfer in cairo travelled by air to Paphos. We had snacks on the plane which was included in our travel.

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig