Sunday 9 October 2016

Finding beauty on your doorstep | Knaresborough, North Yorkshire

Hiya!
Welcome back to the finding beauty on your doorstep series. I have been super busy with my new job in London and studying for my professional exams on top of working means I haven't been blogging. I haven't even had time to watch my TV programmes, it has been crazy! I am on a backlog with my blog posts so I thought I would try catch up and show you about some more trips I went on throughout Summer. Winter is creeping in now and I am actually quite excited about it for a change. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to next summer: it's my favourite time of year and I love going on fun trips, not just abroad but also in the UK. 

Anyway getting on with the post! When I was at my family home in Leeds with my boyfriend, we went on a day out to Knaresborough. If you are from the Yorkshire area, you have probably been here. Close to Harrogate, Knaresborough is a really beautiful underrated town. The history of the place is what makes it so interesting and Mother Shiptons cave is very intriguing attraction. Many of Mother Shiptons prophecies foretells many modern events and phenomena; a quick google search about her will tell you all about her.



Objects in the waterfall turn to stone due to the minerals in the water. Round the corner was a little well where it is said that you can make a wish whilst placing your hands in the pool of water, and your wish will come true. 

The cave itself

The walk through to Mother Shiptons Cave






I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you ever been to Knaresborough?

Lots of love

Alice xxxx

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. i've never been but it looks stunning to me, all the green and that wall bridge<33

    xx from italy
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a beautiful post & series idea. It's amazing when you find beauty on your doorstep...I live in Oxford & North London and I think i'm going to start a series like this! Love your blog, Lauren - www.theyoproedit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This can be neat article along with i like to to learn to read this specific article.browse about here your site can be amazing so you get very good staff members as part of your web site. wonderful expressing continue the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we understand that travel isn’t always fun. That’s why we go out of our way to make things simple, easy, and smooth. We take all the guesswork out of booking Monaco airport transfers so you have one less step to worry about. Visit ~ monaco airport transfers to city center

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig