Sunday 4 September 2016

Finding beauty on your doorstep | Ingleborough Caves

This is the third post about my day trips around the UK and my last one was at the gorgeous Lake Windermere of the Lake District. The day after this trip, we returned to Leeds via the Ingleborough Caves. I thought I would post about them just in case anyone wanted to visit. It would be a unique day out as opposed to your typical shopping or cinema day.



After parking in Clapham (note: not the one in London) and hiking about one and a half miles up a hill of woods followng a waterfall and river, we arrived at the Ingleborough caves: the biggest showcaves in Britain. As no one was there for the last tour, we got a private tour of the caves. I was a bit worried as I can get claustrophobic but there was only a few bits where you had to crouch. 

It was really surreal seeing the stalagmites that were created thousands of years ago. Seeing such history through rocks is a lot more fascinating than you think.

Have you ever visited any sort of caves? I really want to go swimming through caves abroad!

Lots Of Love

Alice xxx
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. This place looks incredible! I've never heard of these caves before, but I definitely want to go for a visit. I recently went to Ilam in Derbyshire which was a fun trek - it was more hills than caves but we did explore a few very mini caves that we weren't well equipped to truly explore. A guided tour of a larger cave system seems a lot more fun!

    Issy | MissIsGoode xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look insane! I've only ever caved once in Wales and I don't remember them being a patch on these, so fascinating to look at with all the shadowy lighting too :)

    Esmé // CloudEsmé

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks so so pretty! :) I have only been caving once where I live in Wales and it was such a fun experience xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine Posting Pressing Here, We're an important believer around writing commentary for web pages so that you can allow the site freelancers realise that they’ve increased a little something valuable so that you can the ether!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Athens Airport is a sophisticated and a contemporary transportation hub. The airport is a civilian port for all the passengers entering and exiting the city of Athens. The airport serves as a significant seat of Olympic Air. It successfully acts as the terminal for around 16 million passengers each year. The airport has been named after the eminent Greek Statesman Eleftherios Venizelos. Checkout athens airport transfers to city center

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig