Saturday 6 August 2016

Berlin.

I recently wrote about my wonderful trip to Prague (you can read it here) which was followed by a trainride to Berlin. Travelling by train instead of flying allowed me to see the countryside and the suburbs where people live, something different from the touristy cities. The journey followed a river lined by cute little Czech houses.

Views on the train from Prague to Berlin

Views from the train 




We went to a really nice vegan/vegetarian restaurant and I had an amazing dish which was spring rolls, rice noodles and some asian salad. The spring rolls were the most amazing spring rolls I have EVER tried.

Not very cultural, but for a bit of fun, we went to Madame Tussaud's. Here's a picture of me with my boyfriends. ;)



Me at the Holocaust Memorial: The Memorial to the Murdered Jews Of Europe

The Reichstag Building

The Topography Of Terror: Information about the rise of the nazi's infront of the remains of the Berlin wall

Berlin was pretty different to Prague. Many of the buildings are relatively new as it was bombed a lot in the war. I have never been too interested in history (I didn't even take it as a subject at GCSE!) but visiting Berlin made me become so interested in history, especially World War 2. We visited the Holocaust memorial and the museum underneath it which was truly eye opening; I definitely recommend that! We also went to the Topography of Terror which explained lots about the rise of the Nazis. In addition to the war history, Berlin holds history regarding the Berlin Wall and its division after the war. I definitely recommend going whether you are interested in History or not - it's an eye opener! There are lessons I wish people would learn in today's society - it is scary how the Nazis got in to power and it shows how it could so easily happen again!

Wow that got deep!

Anyway I hope you liked this post! Most of my posts appear to me travel based recently but I am kind of falling out of love with beauty a bit. A post on that to come.

Lots Of Love
xxxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig