Saturday 6 February 2016

DAYTRIP DIARIES: York

The other day, me and my boyfriend decided to go for a day out and as he had never been to York, I thought it would be a lovely idea to go. My home isn't too far from York; yet I can count the times I have been on one hand. It is such a beautiful intricate city so I really wanted my boyfriend to experience it. The day consisted of walking round the shops, going for lunch in the famous 'Bettys Tea Rooms' and I even managed to nip into a random beauticians to get that eyebrow wax that I have been meaning to get for weeks. 



York has some really nice unique shops such as old fashioned sweet shops and your typical souvenir places amongst the cobbled streets. The 'classy' high street stores such as LK Bennett, Whistles, Space NK, Kiehls etc also lay amongst these. There is a high street with all your classic stores and here is where you feel like you could be anywhere in the UK - I'm not so fond of this bit! The cobbled streets and cosy narrow alleys are my favourite.

The Shambles is my best memory of the streets of York and it really feels like you are living 500 years back in time!


We also visited York Minster. It was super windy as you can tell from my interesting stance...


We went for lunch in Bettys Tea Rooms. I wish we had got the classic afternoon tea but instead, I went for a mushroom pasta dish and James went for the prawn, salmon and haddock concoction with fresh orange juice. The fresh juices were lovely, I had the homemade lemonade: always my favourite!.I didn't actually take pictures of my food because I was so hungry that it went straight in my mouth!

Overall, we had a lovely day in York; I think it's a really nice place to go to feel happy! I recommend that if you visit, you either get the train or go to a Park and Ride. We did park and ride (Askham Bar) which is super convenient as there is a bus leaving every 10 minutes and it is £2.40 return. Parking in the centre of York is this price per hour! Just a heads up :)

Hope you enjoyed reading! Which other UK city shall I visit for a nice day out? I think I'd quite like somewhere like Bath.... LOTS OF LOVE,

     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig