Thursday 3 September 2015

Mindfulness & Ways To Relax

Recently I have been thinking about what it means to be mindful and what mindfulness is really about. There are lots of videos on Youtube explaining its concept and it claims to be a technique that will help you see a different perspective through any situation in life. I was watching a video and the guy said imagine looking at yourself doing what you are doing now. And keep doing that. He claims that by practicing mindfulness, traumas in our life such as deaths will seem less traumatic. I'm not sure about that but I'm open to try it.

When I'm not at my boyfriends, but at my home in Leeds in an empty bed, I take the opportunity to have my moments of zen. I think time to yourself is important and can really help you relax and enjoy your own company. I feel the whole world is constantly stressed but there are so many reasons to be happy as I mentioned in a previous post and so, why not relax? There are a few ways in which we can do this..

Yoga - This is an obvious one but is still something which I fail to do. This is almost a nudge to myself to get on and do yoga! When I go back to university I will definitely be taking part in classes and there is even a hot yoga class at the bottom of my road!

Snuggle - Snuggling up in bed watching movies (youtube videos in my case!) is a great way to forget about the world and to just enjoy yourself. I feel truly relaxed knowing I have nothing to do in an evening and that I can just spend a night chilling out. It makes problems from the day or problems you may soon face in later days, seem really unimportant. 

Spa day/night - Use a face mask, run yourself a LUSH bath or paint your nails with your newest polish. Pampering yourself makes you feel good and with the help of a good candle, can be very relaxing.

Colouring books - These are becoming more and more popular and I can see why. Colouring is actually really fun and the complicated designs allow for real creativity. I started doing this when I was on an aeroplane and I felt it really distracting from the tedious journey or being sat in a metal tube for hours on end. I think it would be really calming and relaxing for those with a fear of flying.  

So there are my thoughts on mindfulness and being able to relax! What do you guys do to relax and have you heard/practiced mindfulness? Or do you think it is just a farce? Let me know.

Lots Of Love,

Alice
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Sounds like an interesting read & enjoy your Friday!! :)


    Lisa | TGIF ;> | Joy Della Vita Travelblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this post so much and I have that book too! Its so fun and perfect to relax :) lovely post btw x

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its so calming and entertaining :) thankyou!! X

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this article. Even though I try to be a calm person, stress can sometimes get to my head (just like to everyone else's!) - coloring really helps when that happens. X!
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the most lovely Saturday read, thank you! xx



    My Little “Gypset” Box Review

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig