Friday 31 July 2015

LIFESTYLE: This Week #3

Hey, hope you're all well!
This is a post about last week as I completed my first week working for a study holiday firm in London. It has been amazing and I have been able to see all the sights of London and give guided tours meaning I've got to know many parts of London very well and have taken endless amounts of tubes which has eradicated my fear! 
The lack of blog posts has been due to working all day every day and it has been truly exhausting. But it has all been worth it for the experience! All pictures were taken on my iphone 5s - I'm pretty well with how some of them have turned out, most unedited! So read on to find out what I've been up to...


The Shard - Where I am working is really close to the shard and London bridge so is in a great location. I didn't actually go up the shard but it is cool to see every day. 

St Pauls cathedral - I didn't go inside but I took this picture of St Paul's Cathedral as I walked over Millenium bridge as its such a gorgeous building. I took the children on a walking tour of South Bank and this is where I ended!

South Kensington Museums - I went to the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum which was a cool experience. These museums are free so I definitely recommend going if you're heading to London. The city definitely has more to offer than just shopping!

Tower bridge - Probably the most famous landmark in London, I strolled down the Thames on a lovely sunny day and thought it was the perfect picture opportunity.

Tower of London - I love this image of the Tower of London! I didn't go in there but the building is great and I love this picture that I took!

National Gallery - I'm not really an art person so I didn't really get the national gallery *controversial*. I can see how people would appreciate the art though and I love Trafalgar Square!

Thames cruise - This was definitely the highlight of the week! Cruising down the thames at sunset is an incredible experience everyone needs to have. It was the best way to see London and I saw from Battersea to Greenwich sailing past London's famous monuments included Big Ben and the houses of parliament. It was a disco for the children but I spend most of the time at the front of the boat looking out at the amazing views. 

Brighton - On Sunday I went to Brighton on an excursion. The weather was absolutely dreadful and the wind, sea spray and rain made it a bad experience and definitely made me see Brighton in a different light to what everyone else sees it in. I went in the Pavilion which was really nice and bought a lovely dress from French Connection. I sat in a salad bar because it was too awful to be outside! Then we had to walk about half a mile in the atrocious conditions because the coach had broke down... good times! I'm going to go again because I can see why there's such a love of Brighton and I want to experience it!

My week has been a great experience and I've seen a lot of new places. This week I'm doing more touristy London things and on Saturday I am going on holiday, exciting times!

What have you guys been up to this week?

     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig