Sunday 8 February 2015

Make-Up Tutorial | Natural Nude & Brightening

Something new to my blog today; a make-up tutorial! I always talk about products but never actually show you how I apply them or what my everyday make-up look is. I love this 'brightening' kind of look and it's very natural but is a real change. So here you see me, bare faced! Eeeekk. 


First of all, I apply my Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 foundation - What a tongue twister.  It gives great coverage and it's even better when buffed in with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I started on the outer part of my face on my cheeks, as that's the area where my blemishes are and where I need the most coverage. I also sweep it over my eyes so everything is neutral and all of my face is one colour.

I then went in with my Maybelline Eye Eraser Concealer under my eyes and pat it in with my Real Techniques expert face brushBe careful not to rub as you will just wipe the product off; instead dabbing it in to the skin. 
I then grabbed my Urban Decay Naked Palette and swept 'Virgin' across my eyelids. It's a neutral white/cream matte shade and gives a brightening effect to the eyes. I just used the brush that comes with the palette and the flat side is pretty good for sweeping colour on. Pardon the pouting and facial expressions in this gif.
I then grabbed an Eco Tools eyeshadow brush and buffed the shade 'Naked' into my crease which is a soft matte light brown. It's a great transition colour and gives a bit of definition and contour to the eyes amongst the white wash.

Ew, don't my eyebrows just look horrible here. It's time to do something with them! I use an angled brush with the darkest powder from the Mua Brow Kit and fill in my eyebrows with it. I like to use the Soap and Glory Archery a lot of the time but seen as this is a more natural look, I decided to stick with powder.

Next up: Mascara! One of my make-up essentials, probably THE essential. I love the Rimmel Volume Flash x10 Mascara in Extreme Black. My friend recommend it to me and I feel it gives great length and volume. I also find applying mascara looking down into a mirror makes mascara apply SO much better! 

I then like to powder by face using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent. I apply this pretty much everywhere as I have quite oily skin.








I then like to grab my beloved NARS At First Sight Eye and Cheek Palette and sweep the Laguna bronzer over my face but mainly on my cheeks as a rough contour.



I like to contour my face with the MAC Blush in 'Harmony'. I sweep this to chisel some cheekbones into my face. I also like to apply it to either side of my nose to make it appear thinner.


I then go back to the Nars palette and use the blush named 'Deep Throat' (NARS hae some pretty dodgy names for their products!) on the tops of my cheekbones. Sometimes I smile to see where the apples of my cheeks are but realistically, you won't be smiling like that all day so pulling a straight face will show you exactly where you are applying your blusher. I like to put it just slightly running parallel to my contour on the higher part of my face.



A new product of mine is the Topshop All Over Glow and it's a lovely golden highlighter. You can mix it in with your foundation or simply apply it on top. I just applied it on the top of my cheekbones, just above my contour.

I want to create a nudey lip but slightly Kylie Jenner-esque. I use this ELF Matte Lip Colour in 'Tea Rose' which I've actually had in my stash for quite some time. I've never really used it until recently and it's an amazing product, definitely a current fave!

I don't always do this but here I applied lipstick over the top to create more depth to my lips. I applied the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 'Pink In The Afternoon' and a MAC Lipstick in the well known nude shade 'Hue'.

I then added some gloss over the top. I used the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in 'Peach Petal' which is a gorgeous nude gloss.

I hope you like this look! Let me know in the comments below if you like this kind of post :) This post took quite a bit of time & effort to make so I hope you found it useful or just liked it in general!


Lots Of Love
     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Such a lovely look for every day! :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect natural look, and I love your tutorial!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute little gifs <3 I had finally got to the bottom pictures and stared at them for the longest time wondering why they weren't moving haha~ Lovely tutorial
    xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou - means alot :)
      Hahaha yeah they are not gifs hehe! xx

      Delete
  4. Aww thankyou! That means a lot :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an amazing way to do a make up tutorial on a blog!!

    You've made me desperate to buy the Maybelline Under Eye Concealer, my cheap old Collection one isn't getting on with my skin lately and this looks so good!! xxx

    Laura Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Think I'm going to do an evening smokey one soon :)
      Yeah definitely recommend it, I can't use the Collection one under my eyes! xxx

      Delete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig