Thursday 27 November 2014

My Travel Bucket List | Top 10 Cities

I've been lucky enough to go on some amazing holidays with my parents ranging from Spain to Mexico to the Dominican Republic. When we go, we stay in the typical luxury all inclusive resorts which is great but sometimes I'd like to see a little more. I saw the real side of the Dominican republic and it's poverty through a jeep safari which was saddening and I saw the city of Playa Del Carmen in Mexico so it wasn't all sunbathing and drinking cocktails! Last Easter I visited Amsterdam in the Netherlands with my boyfriend and it was such fun we decided we really wanted to travel and see lots more of beautiful cities like this one. I tend to do the odd beauty/fashion wishlist on my blog so thought it'd be nice to do a travel kind of take on this as I know lots of bloggers who love to travel. So here are the top 10 cities I want to visit, Enjoy!


New York, USA - Times Square, Grand Central Park, the Empire State Building and lots of shopping - I don't think you could ever get bored in 'the city that never sleeps'.  My sister is going on a skiing trip to New Hampshire and they get a couple of days in New York and the itinerary looks amazing. I'm so jealous! I want to visit New York so badly and think once I've left uni, it will be one of the first places I'll be visiting first. Please leave recommendations for hotels and places to eat down below if you've visited! 





Bangkok, Thailand - Thailand is one of those destinations everyone visits when they go travelling and after watching a fair few Youtuber vlogs, I knew it was somewhere I needed to visit. Visiting the local river market and travelling by tuk tuk sounds like a unique experience and you can't forget the nightlife - the full moon party is somewhere I also need to party!

Los Angeles, USA - The city of the rich and famous AND has beautiful weather - why would you not want to visit? From visiting the posh boutiques of Beverly Hills to hiking up near the Hollywood sign and walking on the walk of fame, there is so much to do!





Sydney, Australia - To be honest I want to visit Australia so badly but the long flight time kind of puts me off as I'm not an avid flyer. I would love to visit Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide too but Sydney has the opera house and is probably the most famous (albeit not actually the capital city!)





Paris, France - Denoted the 'city of love' I'd love to go there with my boyfriend as I reckon it'd be a nice romantic getaway. I want to visit the Eiffel tower and go shopping (Sephora, obviously). Breakfast in a little french cafe eating a Croissant sounds perfect to me.





Madrid, Spain - Having already been to Spain plenty of times, I feel it's time I explore the capital city. I've been to Barcelona and would love to head back there now I'm older but Madrid is definitely top of the list. Doing some shopping whilst checking out the architecture would be perfectly accompanied by some sunshine and Tapas.


Rome, Italy - The cultural capital of Italy appeals to me as a sightseeing kind of break but I don't think I could spend longer than a few days here - I'd probably have to venture to Venice or Lake Garda. I've never been to Italy and would really love to go! I'd love to try out Italian food in it's home country as it's my favourite!




Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - This realisation became more apparent after this years Olympic Games. I want to see a street carnival and visit the famous Copacabana beach. I think visiting the Favelas would also be an eye opening experience in terms of disparity in the city.




Reykjavik, Iceland - I'm talking relaxation in the lava heated outdoor pools. I usually go on holidays abroad for the sun but I feel that Iceland would be something truly different. I think Iceland would be a perfect spa break and I would love to visit the volcanoes and things like that as I'm a Geography geek!





Dubai, UAE - Not the most natural sight seeing kind of city but it's opulence appeals to me so much! I'd love to go to the shopping mall, see all the fancy cars and even go visit the desert in a buggy too. The luxurious hotels would be amazing to stay in - I think it would be a very luxurious and very expensive holiday! Probably got to wait a few years until I get a full time job for this one.

Have you guys been to any of these cities? If so, where should I go?


     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I could basically think that this is my own travel list my own looks exactly the same, have never thought of Iceland thought, interesting idea!

    much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those places seem to be so interesting, I'd love to visit most of them too!! You're so lucky to know Spain, Mexico and the Dominican Republic! x

    camstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to travel more aswell! I especially want to vist the scandinavian countries, something about them is just so appealing to me

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traveling is one of my passions and you're top 10 cities are literally so similar to mine! Love it!

    Kaci xo | earthtokace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo I have actually been to all of these other than iceland and Brazil (both of which are on my bucket list!) I think the US is a great place to start as it is so huge you will want to go back constantly! I didn't like Madrid as much as Barcelona but it is worth a stop over if you are in Spain :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig