Monday 4 August 2014

The Holiday Essentials

So, I've already been on holiday this Summer but I'm going again, this time with my family. I'm so excited to get back in the glorious sunshine chilling on the beach and dipping in the pool to cool down (apologies if you're not going away this summer!) As I've already been away, I've got a good idea of what I'm actually going to use so this time I won't be taking too much stuff. Lets get started!


























Travel Essentials: Passport, Headphones, Sickness tablets, Hand cream & Lip Balm
Obviously if you're going abroad you're going to need a passport and if you get travel sick then tablets are a must-have. I like to listen to music on flights as it's something to do especially when there's no TV so ones like these are really good as they cover your whole ears to block out aeroplane sounds! I like to keep my lips and hands nourished on flights as planes can really dry them out and make them feel horrible. This is all hand luggage essentials and I'll be doing a 'What's in my travel handbag' post soon so look out for that.


























A bikini (or ten!)
I’m absolutely obsessed with my new bikini from Victoria Secret. It’s a bright pink colour with some coral bits on and I love the bandeau style. Most of my bikinis are that style as I don’t have the biggest chest size, haha. I love how the bottoms go in the middle at the back to make your bum look better! I took 5 bikinis to Spain which appeared to be a perfect number for 12 days. I have loads more but I know I won’t wear them so there’s no point in taking them all.


























Denim Shorts
I have a couple of pairs of denim shorts to take with me and I love them as they’re so versatile. I wear them over my bikini in the daytime and with a nice top and some sandals for the evening.

Hair Products
Obviously you need a hydrating shampoo as the sun will dry your hair out. I quite like this one by Herbal essences but I’m also a fan of Aussie ones and L’Oreal Elvive. I also think you need a hydrating mask for your hair for the same reason. I love this protein masque from Bumble & Bumble but admittedly, I didn’t use it enough in Spain. I also have my heat protectant spray by Percy & Reed which I use before blow drying. I’m also going to make a conscious effort to apply it to my hair in the morning before stepping out into the sunshine.


























Beach Essentials: Sunglasses, A hat,  Sun cream & A book
My sunglasses are from Topshop and I love this style but they don't really block out the sun that much. I have a few more pairs that do it better so I will also be taking those. I love my floppy hat that protects my head and my face. I have recently done a post on SPF here which you can read but I love Piz Buin for my body and La Roche Posay for my face. I love to read a book on the beach and by the pool and I need to finish Divergent; I've being reading it for ages!!


























Other
This playsuit from Matalan is great for popping on over my bikini, so that would be another holiday essential for me. I also like a good beach cover up; I’ll be taking a couple of those. I also love some good statement jewellery pieces for the evening. My necklace is from H&M and not sure where the triangular earrings are from, but I wouldn’t wear them together. I also have my beloved Origins Ginzing moisturiser here for the evening and razor blades for obvious reasons. I have the Venus & Olay razor as you don’t need to use shaving gel with it due to the Olay soap bars. No shaving gel = saving precious suitcase space.. genius.

What are your holiday essentials? Leave them in the comments below!

Lots Of Love

     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Mine have to be the E45, the baby oil, and of course plenty of books! I'm going away in just over a week so I've been loving these types of holiday posts, they remind me of how much room I don't have in my case though! 0fftotheraces x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know I have 22kg though so it's quite good!! x

      Delete
  2. Ahh! Have fun darling x and all of your travel essentials are so fun and colorful!
    BEKARTI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Haha I know, I love bright things for Summer!

      Delete
  3. I so want to try that Origins moisturiser, it looks so good! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig