There are lots of tips and tricks within the beauty industry that are obvious many people know but I often find myself stumbling upon blogs and posts that bring me new tips that I've never thought of that are simply..genius. I thought I'd start a little series offering a few of my unique tips and tricks each time, so here we go!
- Keep your expensive mascara brush and buy cheap mascaras. How a mascara applies and looks on your lashes is mainly down to the brush. Unless there's some special formula claiming to make your lashes physically longer in the long term, then it's most likely down to the brush. Take the Benefit They're Real Mascara... amazing stuff. But can I really afford to fork out £19 each time? As a student the answer is no. Therefore I keep the brush and put it into a cheaper mascara and get the same effect!
- Apply white liner all over the lid before eye-shadow to make the colour pop. We may not all have the most pigmented eye-shadows or may just want our eyeshadows to appear more dramatic or vibrant. This is when the white eye liner comes in to play. You can get them for uber cheap and gently applying it over the lashes before a shadow is sure to make your eye-shadow pop.
- Apply highlighter or white liner after lip liner above the cupids bow to accentuate the lips. We all strive for that perfect lip shade which, of course, includes the cupids bow. Some of us are lucky enough to have a defined one already and some of us... well it's pretty much non-existent. I like to apply a lip liner (looove the Max Factor ones) first then apply a white eye liner or highlighter in a triangle shape where the cupids bow should be.
- Use dry shampoo the night before. We all know that dry shampoo can make your hair look white and chalky but that's only when you apply it straight away. If you do it the night before and sleep on it, the dry shampoo absorbs the oils in your hair and the chalky residue disappears.
- Put your eyelash curlers under the hair dryer for 20 seconds. Be careful not to burn your eye when you do this, but it acts as a heated eyelash curler. It curls the lashes much more and makes the curl last longer without forking out for heated eyelash curlers... Genius idea.
Hope you enjoyed this post.
Lots Of Love