Saturday 31 May 2014

Summer Beauty Purchases

Amongst the copious amounts of revision I have been doing, I have been shopping to make myself feel a little better. Summer is peeking out of the exam period of darkness and making me very excited to go home to Leeds and see all my family and friends! I also cannot wait to go on my two upcoming holidays as well as other fun stuff, so all that has been in my mind when browsing the shops. I thought I'd just share a couple of beauty bits I've picked up, as clothes can be really hard to photograph and after all, my blog is mainly beauty focused! Here are a couple of bits that you *need* this summer...


L-R: Garnier Pure Active BB Cream, Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer.
Both blend like a dream!
Garnier Pure Active BB Cream - This new edition of Garnier's traditional BB cream seems to be everything my skin needs. As an oily skinned gal, I find it hard to find light foundations as they tend to make my skin greasy and mostly tend to drier skin types. My skin is oily yet still needs hydration; drying it out can make it even oilier. Finding a balance can be a real issue. This pure active all-in-one anti-imperfections BB cream (mouthful) claims to hydrate, even skin tone, mattify skin, cover redness as well as been 'anti blackheads'. Sounds amazing but lets see if it lives up to my expectations when I'm rocking it these summer months. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - Some bloggers claim this to be better than the beloved Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer as it's a bit lighter so better for under the eyes. Again, I want a lighter base for summer so I reckon this popped under the eyes and on the odd blemish over the BB cream will be amazing in the evenings on holiday.

L'Oreal Nail Polish in 'Lemon Meringue' - When I saw the pastel shades L'Oreal were offering, I knew one of them had to be mine. I have considered purchasing a white nail polish for the summer but this caught my eye as it's a beautiful pastel lemon colour. I love the cute little packaging of these polishes too. They're around a fiver which is quite pricey for the amount you get but their colour range is something else!

Rimmel Finishing Touch Ultra Shine Top Coat - My Seche Vite has dried out horribly and is just so faffy to apply. After reading about how bad it actually is, I confirmed that I wasn't going to repurchase it ever again. Rimmel polishes never fail to unimpress me so I opted for the ultra shine top coat instead. This paired with the L'Oreal lemon shade = glossy nail perfection!

Note: Superdrug currently have a *dangerous* '3 for 2 across all cosmetics' offer.

If you would like to see a review of any of these products let me know. I think I'm going to share my thoughts on the BB cream as it's something I've never tried before and am already growing to love after one application!

What do you think to these summer beauty products?


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I might try out that concealer. I've been looking for a new one for a while now and I love liquid concealers.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got some lovely things!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's £250+ of beauty products up for grabs on my blog! click here

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig