Tuesday 7 January 2014

Best Of 2013: Eyes


Eye make-up is one I usually go hard or go home with. Throughout the daytime I like to keep it quite simple; a flick of eyeliner and a bit of mascara, whereas when I go out in the evening I do love a good smokey eye. I have literally being using one eyeshadow palette for most of the year as I got it for christmas in 2012 which is the infamous naked palette (mentioned below).

The Urban Decay Naked Palette - Link
Everyone knows it's amazing so I doubt I have to say much about this or show any pictures. It's got a gorgeous mix of matte and shimmery neutrals which make both natural sweeps of colour and smokey eyes look effortless. I do love eyeshadow and have quite a few Sleek and MUA palettes, alongside LOreal and MAC individual shadows but this is the thing I use the most so thought it was only right to include in my best of 2013 series.

Other products in my best of 2013 include...

Benefit They're Real Mascara - Link
I admit this was a mascara that I have being using towards the back end of 2013 but it gives the lashes such a length, volume and curl. I don't know if it's worth the £20 price tag, as there are mascaras from Rimmel, Maybelline, Max Factor and L'Oreal (see next item) that pretty much do the same thing. Yes, this probably does it slightly better but there's not much in it. Despite this and the fact it dries up quite quickly (oh, I'm really selling it!) it really is the mascara to wear when you're going out!

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara - Link
I used this for most of 2013, in particularly in the summer. It's such a lengthening mascara that doesn't look too obvious, so is absolutely perfect for when you want a bit of mascara on by the pool or the beach. It's also great for those days when you're just heading to the shops or doing a workout. I wouldn't wear it on it's own on a night out, as the voluminous effects aren't amazing, but it's definitely one to purchase for those other times.

L'Oreal Superliner Perfect Slim - Link
When it comes to eye liner, I'm a bit of a beginner and going wrong can instantly stress me out. This is definitely the best liquid liner, if you can call it that, for people who aren't make-up artists. It's super thin nib is amazing, almost like a felt tip pen. It's one of those products where I would be genuinely upset if it ever got discontinued. I recommend this to anyone and everyone! 

Urban Decay Primer Potion - Link
This is the only eye primer I've ever used so I can't really compare it to anything, but I don't feel like I need to. It makes eye shadow apply so much smoother and reduces creasing dramatically. I use it every time I have a smokey eye and this 'bottle' of primer potion seems to have lasted me all year and beyond!! So it really is worth the money. 

Having being bought the Urban Decay Vice 2 palette and the NARS 'At first sight' palette (link to post here), I am sure my eye shadow favourites are going to change.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. That primer potion is well loved! They're Real is my favourite mascara ever but I find it really hurts if I accidentally poke myself in the eye because its so spikey!
    Bea x
    www.beasbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, ruins the photo really! Yeah x

      Delete
  2. I couldn't live without my naked palette, think I need to try this liner!

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's the best! Yesss you definitely do, I love it x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried the benefit mascara but I really should, everyone raves about it. But the Naked palette is a beautiful thing indeed :)
    Jenna x
    www.jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I think your mostly on target with this, I wouldnt say I totally agree , but its not really that big of a deal .
    Crosss kiing games

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig