Wednesday 11 December 2013

The Winter Lip-care Line Up





As you can see I've being playing around with my new camera and exploring different angles and lighting with blog photography. The lighting becomes increasingly difficult as the days get shorter, especially when I live in university halls of residence and windows are far and few between. The winter darkness is rather depressing when you leave as it's getting light and return in the dark. Anyway, getting on to the point of the post... lip products. Aka my favourite thing to talk about when it comes to make-up. Most people get super sore lips during winter and I'm definitely one of those people. Even when indoors, my lips are so dry because of the heating *I type whilst slapping on my Nuxe Lipbalm*. I believe the products in this post make my lips lovely and moisturised and prevent the horrible licking of the lips technique that is, oh so tempting, but makes them 100% worse. 

LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub - Link
Applying lip balm alone with not stop those lips from damage if a lip scrub isn't used beforehand. A lip scrub will remove all the dead skin cells and make a smooth base for a lip balm or whatever lipstick you decide to apply. I recommend the lush ones; they're handmade and for a fiver you can't really go wrong. Another positive of this one in particular is the fact it's nice to eat too. Always a bonus!

Korres Lip Butter: Guava - Link
I recently got this whilst in Waitrose (never knew Korres was stocked there!) and it was on a deal for around £5. As any beauty addict would, I got over excited as it's usually £8 both in Waitrose and online. On a whim, I picked up 'Guava' as I remembered reading about it on a few blog posts in the past. I kind of wished I'd picked up Wild Rose or Jasmine as these ones had a tint to them, however I feel they will barge their way into my possession some time in the near future. However, this is a nice one on a no make-up day and is really moisturising.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm - Link
Yes I have this in pot AND stick form, one for home and one for on the go, and only because I love the product so much. I always thought £10 was a bit steep for a lip balm, so after hearing so many good things I decided I needed it in my life. (As you can see, I am easily persuaded by other bloggers and their recommendations and easily give in to hype.) I am so glad I took the plunge because it's probably the best out of the bunch. There's a sweet smell to it, almost like honey, and you can instantly tell it's being made from natural ingredients. Once you get used to the thick-ish consistency of it (NOT sticky), then you will really appreciate how good for your lips this is.

Nivea Hydrocare Lip Balm - Link
This cheap and cheerful product is probably the most hydrating, as the name suggests. I believe it puts water back into your lips, preventing them from being dehydrated. It's extremely handy for on the go really does make my lips feel quenched.

Maybelline Baby Lips: Pink Punch - Link
Last but not least is the hype that is the baby lips. Not as hydrating as the other products, but definitely moisturising in comparison to lipsticks and glosses. If you want to finish off your pout with some colour, then this is definitely worth a try as it is moisturising and gives a great pop of colour. I literally wear this every day now, as lipsticks have become too drying and are quite frankly, a pain in the bum to keep reapplying.

So there we have my essential lip-care products to get me through the winter months. Forget dry, chapped lips and embrace the winter lip-care line up. You don't have to spend a lot; a simple lip scrub and lip balm will do the job. As a beauty and make-up addict, I like variety but it's not essential, haha!
What are your favourite winter lip products? Comment below!

Lots of Love,

Alice


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I love Nuxe Reve De Miel! Although I much prefer the pot version than the stick one :)

    www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel like it does a much better job to be fair X

      Delete
  2. I LOVEEEEEE the Nuxe Reve de Miel - it's amazing, I can't believe I've only just tried it! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lush lip scrub things are amazing! Popcorn is m favourite flavour, it tastes just like it!

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! I really needed to read that! Keep up the good work.
    Would you like to follow each other [:

    Xxx
    www.thedancingpencilonpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou :)
      I don't do follow for follow, if you like my blog feel free to follow it. I'll check yours out and if I like yours I'll follow :D xx

      Delete
  5. Aw thankyou :)
    I don't really do 'follow for follow' ..
    If you like my blog then follow...I'll check yours out and if I like, I'll follow:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig