Sunday 21 July 2013

MUA POWER POUTS






Today's blog post comes in the form of raving about my new favourite lip products...
The MUA Power Pouts! 

Now, I'm aware that every 'drugstore' make-up brand is coming out with these chubby lip pencils following the release of Clinique's chubby sticks. They are all slightly different as some are more pigmented and some are more glossy etc, but I find the MUA power pouts to be the cheapest and still amazing! Currently, they are on 2 for £4 which is incredible if you think about the £16 price tag that the Clinique ones come with. 

These glossy intense sticks by MUA give gorgeous lip colour with a lovely shine. I have the colours 'Brokenhearted' and 'Irreplaceable'. Brokenhearted is a more muted version of MAC's Impassioned lipstick: a slightly red-like coral dark pink. Irreplaceable is a purple toned pink colour but doesn't wash the face out at all. They are both gorgeous colours and are more glossy than other chubby lip pencils I've tried; for example Revlon's Kissable balm stains. I also prefer the colours MUA offer, despite there being more of a limited choice.

They aren't the longest lasting lip products, but you wouldn't expect that with the gorgeous glossy finish that they give and the price tag. They feel moisturising on the lips and the colours are really versatile. Overall I absolutely love these and I've being wearing them every single day since I got them.

Have any of you guys tried these and if not, what are your favourite brand of chubby lip pencils?
I'd love to know :)



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Wowee, these are more pigmented than I thought - great value for money. I love the Revlon Lip Stains - i'm all about quantity over quality, think how many of these you can get instead of 1 Chubby Stick!

    Love Zoe x
    www.facevaluebeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig