Thursday 16 May 2013

Recent Purchses #4 : Skincare


My skin has being completely rubbish recently and I think it has to do with all the rubbish I have been eating. However, my skincare was lacking due to running out of my previous cleansers etc, so I decided to reimburse my collection with a few bits. The L'Oreal micellar solution is a repurchase, but I just thought I'd add it because it's fantastic: review on my blog here.

So, if you are familiar other 'Recent Purchases' posts, you may know that I also like to give a quick review on the products. By the time I write a blog post, I try to make sure I have tried the products so I can give you my first impressions too. So without further ado....



L'Oreal Velvety Soft Toner - The micellar water was £4.99 or 2 for £6 and due to the fact there was only one left, I felt it was only right to get another product, so I picked up this. Now, I imagine toners to be liquid; the same consistency as a micellar water. However, this is something completely different and feels almost gel like. It feels very weird but feels velvety once smothered on the face. It is Paraben free which I think is amazing to say it's a cheap drugstore product - something many high end brands should take note of!


Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover - I saw this on offer for really cheap in Superdrug and thought I would pick it up as Nivea daily essentials is such an inexpensive but lovely and gentle range of products. This eye make-up remover is a half oil half water formula, which makes removing eye make-up incredibly easy. Thumbs up on this one!


Murad Blemish Control Clarifying Cleanser - I heard good things about Murad as a brand and saw that this cleanser contained salicylic acid which is what I want in a product due to my acne prone skin type. It is a foaming gel cleanser, which I heard from Caroline Hiron's blog, is not actually good for your skin due to foaming cleansers being alkali which produces a breeding ground for bacteria. But this has salicyclic ACID.. not alkali.. so I'm abit confused on the matter.
Anyway.... I like this cleanser so far, it leaves an amazing refreshing cooling feel on the skin afterwards, but I'm not sure if I would repurchase it though just because I'm not sure it is benefiting my skin and it is quite expensive due to it's £23 price tag.

Now on to the miracle worker...
Avon Clear Emergency Instant Spot Treatment



I've never really tried a targeted spot treatment and when I saw this for a ridiculously cheap price in the Avon catalogue, I knew it had to be mine. It contains Salicylic acid which sold me straight away. I literally put this on a big nasty spot the night I got it and by the morning, it had dramatically reduced to a small red mark on my face! I have wanted to try the Origins Super Spot Remover for a while, but I don't think I will bother when this does a brilliant job for a sixth of the price.

My rather full skincare basket


So there are my recent skincare purchases, let me know if you like these kind of posts as they seem to get the best reponses. I have recently bought some things from ELF, Real Techniques and Avon etc, so I could do another post if you would like?

Let me know what your favourite recent purchase are...




                                  Twitter Pinterest | Bloglovin’ | instagram she said beauty
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try the Origins Super Spot Remover as well, but I think I'm going to try to get the avon one! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really wanting to try the L'oreal products.. haven't been able to find those two yet, have been keeping my eye open for them!

    http://lifeslikearoadwetravelon.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you bought, especially the Micellar Water xx

    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig