Sunday 17 March 2013

My Skincare Routine: August 2012

I've never really done a post explaining my skin care so here is my first. I thought it would be appropriate to start with explaining my skin type: I have oily skin and it is acne prone. I don't use tonnes of products on my face, mainly because it will break me out in spots. I think I have found the products that work for me, however I am still looking for better things. I don't spend huge amounts on skincare and the brands I use can be found in Boots or Superdrug etc, purely because I disagree with using ridiculously expensive products just because they're expensive. If they are worth it and something special then fair enough and I would splash the cash. Enough of rambling, I shall begin....

On a morning: I wash my face with water and that's about it. If I feel like I still have makeup residue on my face, I will take some simple cleanser or toner and swipe it across my face.

On an evening:


First of all I use my Simple face wipes to remove the majority of my make-up, as it is quick and easy. I know many people say face wipes aren't good for your skin but I love how the Simple Spotless skin quick fix cleansing wipes help my skin from breaking out. I also use my cleanser straight after so that's how I justify it.

I then remove my eye makeup. At the moment I am enjoying using No7's Beautiful Skin Eye make-up remover as it's oily formula dissolves eye makeup in seconds. It is the best I've tried and does not dry out the eye area as many I have tried in the past have. I only purchase it when I have a £5 off No7 voucher, as I wouldn't pay £8.50 for it.

Next I use the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Cleanser which I massage into my skin then wash off with water. After using this, my skin feels squeaky clean which I love. I'm not sure if this is doing bad or good to my skin though and I am willing to try other cleansers of this formula. I have already tried the Liz Earl Cleanse and Polish which felt better on the skin, however it broke me out like you wouldn't believe!

After this I use the My Skin Mattifying Moisturiser which I have being using for quite a while now. It's great to sometimes use on a morning in order to keep your skin less oily throguhout the day but is nourishing enough to use on a night. It is scented beautifully of kiwi and raspberries, however I don't think this has affected my skin.

I have being using the Balance Me Eye Cream which was actually a sample in Glamour magazine. It was a good sized sample and I may actually buy it once I have ran out. However, at the age of 17 i don't deem it necessary but it does refresh my eyes and will keep those fine lines away.

Finally, I apply my Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream to my mouth area and on my lips which easily becomes dry. I also apply it to my cuticles if I remember, as my nails are very dry and weak. It can feel quite sticky when applied to skin, but is extremely nourishing on the lips.


Note: I have recently being using the Caudalie Beauty Elixir as a toner before applying moisturiser on an evening and I love it! It is very refreshing and I feel it tightens the pores.

Once a week, I will use Soap and Glory's The Fab Pore Facial Peel Mask, which I leave on for about 15 minutes. It claims to minimise pores and get rid of all the dirt in your skin. My face feels clean and smooth and refreshed after using it and I feel it is the best face mask I have ever used. I love how it is also in a little pot so very handy and you rub in until the blue beads pop. Strangely satisfying.

                                   THE FAB POREā„¢ FACIAL PEEL

My skin care routine isn't extensive as some, however others may feel it is a lot. I need to maintain the balance between keeping the dirt away and not using too many products.
I hope you liked this, leave links to your skincare posts?
Love Alice xox
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig