Sunday 17 March 2013

La Roche Posay Facial SPF 30 Review [Sept 2012]

I know many bloggers review summer skincare products at the beginning of summer to give people time to buy/try them out, however I wanted to review this one when it had had my full use! All is good - in some countries summer is soon approaching and in many it is still very sunny and warm :)

Basically, I really needed a facial SPF to take on my holiday to Spain at the start of August, as my normal body sunscreen my mum buys is greasy on my face and breaks me out terribly. Many facial sunscreens I was seeing on blogs and you tube were SPF 50 and I didn't really want that as I love getting a tan.
As I searched every inch of Boots, I finally came across this one from La Roche Posay. The packaging explained that it was a 'matte extreme fluid' for oily to acne-prone skin. PERFECT.


It comes in a weird sort of bottle, but I love how the poury bit is small so no product goes to waste!

Nice creamy texture poured on to the hand

The product inside is not greasy nor sticky and is a nice creamy sort of texture. When applied, it made my face slightly matte which was a good thing. Despite this, I cannot claim that it kept my face matte all day. Sunbathing led to sweating (ew) and my face soon became oily. However it did keep my face protected from the sun and no breakouts appeared the whole holiday(!!)

The product was around £15 for 50ml which I thought was quite pricey as I never splash out on skincare.. ever. Although I do think it is worth it as opposed to using any old sunscreen and I think it would be a perfect to apply under makeup if you are doing daily activities during summer (shopping, walking etc) as opposed to sunbathing. I reckon your face would stay matte and oil free under makeup, as well as be protected from the suns harmful rays!!

If anyone has any favourite facial sunscreens, please let me know in the comments section below!
Love Alice
xox
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig