Thursday 12 January 2012

War Of The Hair Products!

Firstly, must I apologize for the quality of my pictures if you think it is bad..
But they are certainly an improvement from before (Surprisingly I am using my phone instead of my camera.)

Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm 
                      V 
I know these products aren't applied at the same time and whatever, however they both do the same job - to moisturise and repair your hair.
The Umberto Giannini balm came in a set that I got for christmas, but you can buy it individually also, at the price of about £5. You put it on your hair at nighttime and at first I felt weird and like it stuck my hair together - essentially you are putting cream straight onto your hair. However, in the morning my ends felt really nice (for once!) and I really do believe it helps with the health of the ends of your hair. I have a constant battle with my split ends and I'm really hoping this product will help me out in the long run. P.s The smell is quite nice.
The Herbal essences intensive mask is priced at a mere £2 (bargain!) and makes your hair feel really smooth when you have washed it out. However, I feel as time has passed, the product has almost dissolved within the container. It is a really watery texture and I believe I have used much less than what it looks like I have used, if that makes sense? Maybe I didn't store it right, I don't know, it's quite strange.
It gives a nice texture to the hair and smells really nice, but I am still debating whether it is doing anything to my hair in the long run..



Next up we have heat protection products...
Avon's Advance Techiques V TRESemme
To be fair, it is quite difficult to monitor whether a heat protectant is really working..
I love the Avon one and have no complaints for the moment! It is around £3 which is not bad at all and I also have the heat protectant mat which is such a good idea when laying the electrical hair products down!
The TRESemme heat defence spray is about £5 in boots, however I must mention you can get it cheaper at Bodycare. Bodycare offers so many products that boots offer for about a 1/3 of the price.. it needs more publicity!

Anyhooooo, the tresemme spray I guess does the job. I find it quite sticky sometimes when in wet hair and just look forward to my hair being dry.
But I have no complaints with these products, as I guess I don't use them enough to judge as much as I'd like. (My hair is naturally straight and I occasionally curl it.)



Next up is dry shampoos which I find come in handy with me on times where I have no time to wash my hair.
Batiste V TRESemme
I'm sure everyone has heard of batiste and some critise it for the white marks it leaves in your hair. Some also say that the TRESemme one is much better as I have seen explained on many youtube videos.
The batiste one is half the price and if you visit 'Home Bargains' is even cheaper.. I believe it does the job well and if you rub your hair - the white marks should disappear. Their range for brown hair is also a fantastic idea.

The TRESemme product has received quite a bit of praise, however I find that it doesn't really do the job? It doesn't leave white marks which is great, but I feel like my hair doesn't look significantly different. This may be because I'm not using enough, but do I really want to be using half a can at the price of £5 a can? I think not..
SHARE:

1 comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig