Sunday 22 January 2012

ELF Haul

This post is a long time coming, as I purchased these ELF beauties before christmas. I guess the advantage to this is the fact that I have had time to try the products out, in order to give a full review on them.


The brushes I purchased were: A stippling brush, a total face brush, and 3 eye brushes (1 for applying (flat), 2 for either blending/the crease). These brushes give nice application and my favourite has to be the stippling brush because it evens out my foundation so well when using a liquid one. The crease brushes also fits lovely into your eye crease - the perfect size and applies nicely.


ELF lipsticks in 'Flirtatious' and 'Sociable'

Swatches ('Flirtatious' on the top, 'sociable' on the bottom.)
'Flirtatious' is a nice light pink with a hint of coral and is just a nice natural shade on the lips.
'Sociable' is a bit more dramatic - a hot pink that can look red in some lights, which annoys me. (Maybe it's just my eyes.)
They are nice and creamy so nice and easy to apply.. Not amazed at the length of time they last, but I do think that is the case with creamy formulas from any brand.



Top to bottom: Plumping lip glaze in 'Fuschia Fantastic' and the Luscious liquid lipstick in 'Strawberry'.

Swatches (not brilliant, sorry) in the same order as above

The plumping lip glaze gives a nice colour as well as shine. The consistency isn't TOO sticky and I am rather pleased with it.
The liquid lipstick is a rather unique idea but I'm not too fussed about it, to be honest. It gives a nice subtle sheen to the lips however, which is always a plus.


Other products from this haul to mention: Tweezers in purple and tone correcting concealer in 'Apricot beige'. The tweezers look pretty with the purple gems and were a nice £2.50. They do a good job (better than before) and I don't feel the need to be paying ridiculous amounts for a pair of tweezers, in my opinion..
May I mention that I do not remember choosing this concealer colour as it is a fair colour, hahaha, but it seems decent. I don't really use it as the coverage is very light, but for £1.50, you're basically getting it for free.. ;)


Overall, I am happy with my ELF order and I think the quality is great for the price you pay - brill value for money! X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig